Can't remember where I found this recipe but many people around me have made it and love it. They are always swapping and changing nuts out and still it is great.
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
grated orange rind, to decorate
orange slices to serve
CREAM CHEESE ICING
125g cream cheese, at room temperature
50g butter, at room temperature
3 cups icing sugar mixture
1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1. Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
2. Whisk carrot, eggs, oil and walnuts in a medium bowl until combined. Stir in combined sifted sugar, flour, cinnamon and soda. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
3. Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 15 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
4. To make cream cheese icing, place all ingredients in a medium bowl, beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Spoon icing into a piping bag fitted with a fluted tube and pipe rosettes over top of cake or alternately spread over cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set before serving.
6. Serve cake cut into rectangles with orange slices.
Hint. Iced cake can be made up to 3 days ahead or frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.