Thanks to Farmers Way of Life's Golden Rules of Farming many farming moments have been captured in a sentence.
Part 9 has some hilarious moments
201. If the dogs smart it will come so far behind it will be in the next paddock.
207. Try explaining that to the kids.... AWKWARD
208. Please don't remember this as it provides much entertainment for bystanders.
220. As a teenager I often wished holidays were kept a secret from my parents. Get home from school and straight into it. My friends rarely visited more than once. :)
221. Farmers kids are exempt for the REST OF THEIR LIVES from labour laws. 9 times out of 10 they can do it better than the stationhand anyway.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
I'm going to post some recipes which I have used over the years growing up on stations. Can't claim them as mine but collected from friends and family.
Milo Energy Biscuits
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup vanilla
½ cup Milo
1 ¾ cup SR flour
Beat butter, sugars and vanilla until light and creamy. Beat in egg. Fold in flour and Milo. Roll mixture into balls and place on greased tray. Flatten with fork.
Bake at 180 degrees Celsius
15-20 minutes or until golden brown.