Saturday, December 3, 2011

Food and Recipes - Cream Cake Desert

The problem with reading blogs of talented food loving people is they make you HUNGRY...

Reading The McGrath's Kitchen made me crave roasted carrots.

Then I went over to The Shady Baker ... now I realise I need to food shop.

I could keep listing blogs but that is enough.  Here is a favourite recipe I use for desserts and birthday cakes.

Cream cake Dessert

cake
1pkt vanilla cake mix
1 instant pudding
½ cup butter
1 cup water
4 eggs

Beat cake mix, pudding mix and butter until crumbly.  Add water and eggs.  Beat for 2 minutes.
Pour into tray bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes before putting on cake rack.

Filling and icing
5tblspn flour
1 cup milk
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a saucepan combine flour, milk until smooth.  Bring to boil and stir for 2minutes. (It will end up very thick).  COOL completely

In a bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Then beat in milk mixture until sugar is dissolved.
Mixture will be very similar to whipped cream.




Split cake into layers.  Spread filling in middle and ice cake with it.  For great effect decorate with strawberries.

Cake is a big mix and I use a roasting dish to cook it in.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis