Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lovely Mosquito

Lovely Mosquito

Lovely mosquito, attacking my arm

As quiet and still as a statue,

Stay right where you are! I'll do you no harm-

I simply desire to pat you.

Just puncture my veins and swallow your fill

For nobody's going to swot you.

Now, lovely mosquito, stay perfectly still-

A SWIPE! and a SPLAT! and I GOT YOU!

Doug MacLeod


Doug MacLeod is one of my favourite poets.  He has many poems and books some which have different levels of humour which will appeal to adults.  With kids and governessing sometimes you need an edge, something that will make them laugh for hours.



OTHER favourite authors

Max Fatchen
June Factor
Micheal Dugan

Wonder if I can remember the rest, I will have to blog when I find good ones.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, love that you are contributing to the blogging world for rural Aus. I have some getting to know you questions that I would love for you to answer, its a good way to get followers too. My blog is especially for rural women. Send me an email if you would like to participate in my Q&A. bushbelles@activ8.net.au Enjoy blogging.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis